22 July 2008

The Office...

And no, not the show. Yesterday I started work as a Customer Care Representative at Rosetta Stone Ltd. (the most effective language learning software). I have my own cubicle, desk top (a Dell, bleh...), free access to office supplies, a sweet pay rate ($10/hr, 40 hr/week), and my own extension number, complete with a wireless headset that allows for more multi-tasking. *sigh* Not sure if this is going to be a job that I'll dread going to, but I'm trying to be optimistic about it. The minute I walked in after orientation and sat at my cubicle I asked where all the coffee pots and smoking stations were. I'm going to be utilizing those quite frequently during my employment at Rosetta Stone. I hope I can get the hang of this kind of call-center work. It's one big puzzle of routes I have to master.

No comments: