15 October 2008

Getting out

Grisha is currently in the shower. He brought me Glühwein and it's delicious. I can recall winter just by smelling it (he put lots of cinnamon in it).

So I decided I'm really not happy here in Harrisonburg, and it's the reason why I've been feeling so displaced as a musician and artist lately. I just don't know if JMU is the right place for me, or if it will teach me the things I really want to learn. Uncertainty is painful! I just don't fit in right here; it's almost as if you've been robbed of any of the talent you had because of that disillusioning moment when you've realized you're really unhappy. I love Harrisonburg and the people that populate it, but my schooling here makes me feel out of place. I find so much folly in the people of the SOM and I have chemistry with very few musicians here. I feel like my teacher has lost faith in me. I'm constantly battling the Business Office with my finances, which adds unnecessary stress. JMU has just become less and less enjoyable for me in just 1 and a half years. Perhaps I should allow it more time.

On a lighter note, I took a few polaroids late Sunday afternoon because it was absolutely gorgeous outside. When I walked outside of my apartment building I looked up and saw this view of the tree that I've seen from outside my window (I live on the 3rd floor), but for some reason I've neglected the view from below. Naturally I was taken aback and thought I should keep a record of its beauty.
This is how lonely Harrisonburg gets on a late and quiet Sunday afternoon. That is actually the parking lot and train tracks behind my apartment building. It looked so desolate and yearning for reconstruction, but I think it's perfect the way it is.
At least I get to wake up to this in the morning. :)

No comments: