17 June 2010

Beckett on Film, or one is what one is


As a library assistant I usually have to do bitch work, which means the petty, tedious work that is a pain to do but needs to get done. Currently, I'm working on checking the internet resources and making sure there are no dead or broken links. I normally get restless and antsy, but lately I've been looking at a good lot -- yesterday I got to watch BBC productions of Shakespeare plays and, today I had to watch one of my favorite works put to film, Waiting for Godot. It's not exactly the easiest thing to read through and it certainly requires a lot of patience. It reminds me of navigating a city with a friend who just happens to lead you to mishap after mishap. It's like the meaning of life never gets manifested, at least in this work.

I'm driving to Virginia Beach tomorrow to spend the weekend with my family. I haven't seen home in so long.

No comments: