01 August 2010

Dark choco ganache



The past few days have not been so nice to me. I've been clumsy, grumpy, hormonal, and completely fed up with so many parts of me that one day, I could not stop crying. The other day I even cried because I had to kill a silver fish in my bathroom! I just hate summer so much, I want it to be fall so that I can actually be thankful for my big, thick and heavy hair, or so that I won't have to feel so chubby. I've felt like a Fatty Fatty Mcfat fat all season, and it's not because I am 5'1 and 120 lbs.

So when I usually have problems, I resort to shop therapy. However, since I am trying to be fiscally responsible, I can't justify buying clothes I don't need when I most certainly do not have the money. So to channel all my frustration, I baked a super rich chocolate cake with left-over lemon cream cheese frosting, coated with a dark chocolate ganache. Although the cake texture was not as fluffy as I had hoped (the batter was slightly underbeated because my mixer is broken) the cake was all together so rich and tasty. It was the right amount of sweet and lemon-y, and of course, goes great with some milk. Perfect for a highly and emotionally sensitive girl who can't figure out what to wear.

On the other hand, I have finally started that clothing line, and have almost completed its very first pleated, a-line skirt... :D

No comments: