06 August 2008

The Bad Phone Call

I woke up in a good mood today, got dressed for work, and headed off on my bike feeling like sunshine.  I had a nice quiet lunch break, drinking coffee and sketching some designs while enjoying the sounds coming from the streets of Harrisonburg Renaissance.  I came back to my cubicle, put on my headset, and then the phone call happened.  The man I had to deal with today is probably the worst thing to ever exist when it comes to customers.  He was insulting, uncouth, uncooperative, and insanely egocentric, flipping out over something as silly as UPS 2-day shipping.  He then lost it completely when I asked him to calm down, and he stated that "he's the victim and should be reprimanded" and blah blah blah.  I'm embarrassed that I actually got nervous enough to cry as soon as he got off the phone.  I can't imagine how much his life must really suck if he's going to get all bent out of shape over something as secondary as this.  But I guess his kind must inevitably exist amongst our society, it's just a pity for those of us who actually have to deal with them.

On a more relevant note, I'm glad it is seemingly cooling down in terms of the weather lately.  I keep thinking that Fall will occur once August is over, but I'm completely wrong; Fall usually doesn't swing by until October or even November.  I just want to be able to kick my feet in the autumn leaves and bundle up in tights and corduroys again.  Walking down a street colored in earth tones and orange is one of the loveliest sensations I've felt thus far.  Ironically, Fall is the period to which I've associated more memories of the past than any other, and I always seem to grow a bit more nostalgic during those few months.  I've unintentionally designated all of my greatest romances, trials, victories, and failures to a single season; it is where I am at both my happiest and saddest moments in life.  

... But the air is just so crisp and filled with the wind that carries itself across the seasons.

No comments: