02 August 2008

Film Noir

Alright, so maybe I've been getting out of hand on this film noir stuff, but this is why I repress my interests in movies -- because I can obsess over them so easily that I hardly get anything done.  I've rekindled my fascination for the film noir (black cinema, or "detective" movies), an interest I've neglected since my high school days (because it was generally thought of as uncool) and now I think I want to become a serious femme fatale.  I just can't get enough of the figure-flattering dresses, the hair, and the damn lipstick!  Perhaps reading this blog will make everything I live for make sense.  I just love that era of post-depression and disillusionment colored with the 1940's feel of letting loose of all the repression that has built up inside as bitter angst and tension.  I'm crazy about it.

I think it's also to do with my exaggerated-obsession with that sense of style.  The whole aged and antiquated look is absolutely beautiful.  Everything is so lush and romantic.  I can't help but be a cheeseball over this stuff.

Speaking of which (romance and film), I cannot wait to see the Edge of Love featuring Matthew Rhys, Sienna Miller, Keira Knightley, and *drumroll* Cillian Murphy -- he is absolutely brilliant to say the least.  Albeit it looks like Atonement, I believe it looks like a masterpiece in its own right.  Additionally, I like how it is semi-autobiographical.  And look, it even features my favorite cable knit cardigans, tights, and floral prints! 

No comments: