03 August 2008

The Source

As I was on the phone with Collin earlier this evening, I realized that perhaps the source of all my listlessness is my own homeless disposition. This couch that my friends have thankfully allowed me  to stay on for the weeks before I am able to move into my new apartment is just ghastly disorienting, and as I've said, I've been more sluggish than usual lately. Had I a home, I'm sure things would be different. Not being able to wake up in your own bed, your own room, and walk into your own kitchen and make your own coffee, or even open up your own closet is enough to make anyone feel out of his element. I've oddly grown accustomed to living out of suitcases. 

Musically, however, I've been writing a lot more lately...

1 comment:

Michael Scales said...

There's nothing more disorienting than waking up on someone else's couch. It's just for a few more weeks though, hang in there.

Musically, however; some of the most beautiful music was never written down. We should improvise again very soon.